We wanted to write an update on the launch of apex.win but we got distracted by a very significant announcement. Perpetual Protocol have announced the release of their v2 named “Curie”.
We encourage you to read their full post highlighting some of changes implemented but here are some of the things we are excited about:
- Launch on Arbitrum
- Cross-margin trading
- Allowing for makers to act as LPs
- Permissionless market creation (soon)
On a technical level, these changes also address some of the issues with the v1 (which will likely need more than a blog post to discuss in any detail!)
So, how’s apex doing?
Despite the downturn in the market, our launch has been successful with a large number of happy users.
We are also extremely happy with the uptime and latency of our keeper bots. They have been diligently observing the blockchain and have executed every order, often within a single block (as you can see in the following image).
Now that we are happy with our infrastructure, we would be looking at expanding our userbase. Feel free to reach out to us if you want to get involved.
We have built a dashboard on dune analytics. At the time of writing, we have 47 unique traders with a cumulative $3.7M in trading volume.
Furthermore, we have also built a tool to generate a CSV of all the trades and/or funding payments received by an account. We have built this as a separate tool rather than integrating it within our front-end to allow it to be used by users that only use perp.exchange.
We have also integrated the pPERP token as part of the #PERPtogether campaign. This campaign has now finished, but we are aware of one of our apes winning a prize – Congratulations!
What now for apex?
The future is looking bright for apex! We have a number of things that we are working on. We will make official announcements when we have more information but to give you an idea of the things we are working on:
- UI overhaul – We want to make the experience as easy as possible – we’d love to onboard users that are familiar with using centralised exchanges.
- Integration with Perp V2 – We’ll need to upgrade all parts of our stack to accommodate v2. Once we see the perp v2 contracts, we can start to look into this.
- Improvements to smart contracts – We are hoping to allow for users to make more complex orders (such as combining a market order, a stop order and a limit order within a single transaction)
- Dev onboarding – We will work on improving the process for devs to develop their own trading strategies utilising apex – We’d love to help out with this, so if you have any ideas, feel free to reach out to us.
As you can see, we have a lot that we’re working on! We’re looking to expand our team so that we can achieve these goals. If you have any skills (design, front-end, back-end, marketing) or any ideas for features then you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, we are always active on discord on the Perpetual Protocol discord page. We have our own channel at #limit-order-help